Gods Among Us
Divine Blast Invocations
Divine Blast Invocations
Invocations require you to focus the divine essences that suffuses your soul into your divine blast. A Demigod can use any invocation he knows at will, with the following qualifications:
The four grades of invocations, in order of their relative power, are least, lesser, greater, and dark. A Demigod begins with knowledge of one invocation, which must be of the lowest grade (least). As a Demigod gains levels, he learns new invocations, 1 for every 5 levels you process to a max of 5 at 20th level. A list of available invocations can be found below.
Invocations modify the damage or other effects of the Demigods divine blast. Unless noted otherwise, divine blasts modified by invocations deal damage normally in addition to imparting the effects described in the invocation description.
A Demigod can apply only one invocation to a single blast, choosing from any of the invocations that he knows. If a Demigod targets a creature with an blast that has immunity to the invocation’s effect, it still takes the damage from the blast normally (provided it isn’t also immune to the divine blast).
The save DC for an invocation (if it allows a save) is 10 + 1/2 your level + the Demigod’s Charisma modifier.
1. Frightful Blast: Target makes a Will save or shaken for 1 minute.
2. Hammer Blast: Blast deals normal damage to objects.
3. Sickening Blast: Target makes Fort save or sickened for 1 minute.
4. Divine Spear: The distance of your blast increases to 20ft. PCL.
5. Divine Blow: A single melee attack that channels the divine blast through your weapon. (full round action).
5th level (least or lesser)
1. Baneful Blast: Blast deals extra (2d6) damage against specified creature type.
2. Beshadowed Blast: Target must make Fortitude save or become blind for 1 round.
3. Holy/Unholy Blast: Blast deals divine damage (2d6) and gains the good/evil descriptor.
4. Divine Chain Blast: Jumps from initial target to secondary targets (w/30ft), You can “jump” the chain to one secondary target per five levels. Each target struck after the first takes half the damage dealt to the first target.
5. Vitriolic Blast: Blast deals acid damage for several rounds. Creatures struck by a vitriolic blast automatically take an extra 2d6 points of acid damage on following rounds. This acid damage persists for 1 round per five levels you have.
10th and 15th level (least, lesser or greater)
1. Bewitching Blast: Target must make Will save or be confused for 1 round.
2. Hindering Blast: Target of your blast must make a Will save or be slowed for 1 round.
3. Noxious Blast: Target must make Fortitude save or be nauseated for 1 round.
4. Repelling Blast: Target makes Reflex save or be knocked back 1d6×5 ft and go prone.
5. Eldritch Cone: Blast takes the shape of a 30ft. cone (reflex for 1/2 damage).
20th level (least, lesser, greater, or dark)
1. Enervation Blast: Target must make Fortitude save or gain two negative levels.
2. Binding Blast: Target of your blast must make Will save or be stunned for 1 round.
3. Eldritch Line: Blast as a 60ft. line, reflex for half damage.
4. Doom Blast: affects all enemies within 20 feet. Each target can attempt a Reflex save for half damage.
5. Deteriorating Blast: Blast drops a creatures DR by 5 points for 1 round per 5 levels you have.